burgers and beer done right.
We proudly feature 42 drafts from Texas and around the world.
Since 1994, The Taproom has served award winning handmade specialty burgers that keep Texas State alumni coming back year after year. Wings, Philly Cheesesteaks, salads, sandwiches and a ton of housemade appetizers make us your perfect game day hang - Don't forget the Guacamole Queso burger!
“Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.”
- David Rains Wallace
We pride ourselves on offering an ever-changing mix of local and international pints & bottles for all palates and our beer clubs encourage you to travel the world via pint glass - complete your trip and add your quote to our Wall of Fame - TXST tradition! Make our pub & grub your hang for bingo, trivia, game days, and family meals. Enjoy cocktails & music at our sister bar, The Porch.
Yes, we're hiring!
COOK / KITCHEN STAFF
Join the kitchen team at one of San Marcos' most beloved restaurant/bars. The Taproom is looking for full and part-time cooks to join our seasoned crew serving legendary burgers, ribs, sandwiches and more. www.taproomsanmarcos.com
- $15/hr to start with wage increases based on longevity/performance
- 3-5 shifts per week (4-8hrs/shift)
- Employee discounts and shift meals
- Service hours 11:30am-11pm Mon-Friday (11am-Midnight weekends)
Kitchen experience is highly preferred, but we do offer on-the-job training. Weekend and evening availability is a huge plus. Must love burgers and be ready to work hard with a willingness to help the team when needed. A thorough understanding of food safety and handling practices is required at a minimum.
- Must have Texas Food Handlers Permit
- Must be a citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the United States
- Should be able to lift 30 lbs safely
Required duties include but may not be limited to:
- Showing up on time for your shift prepared to work!
- Opening the kitchen for service
- Prepping food
- Taking in orders and stocking food
- Deep frying, boiling, grilling, etc.
- Handling knives and sharp equipment
- Communicating with shift leads about inventory and service needs
- Deep cleaning fryers and grills
- Cleaning kitchen equipment and surfaces; sanitizing equipment and surfaces
- Taking out trash
- Safely storing food
- Closing kitchen for the night
Email your resume to email@example.com or drop by to speak with Executive Chef Luis Morales Monday-Tuesday 2pm4pm.